Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Testimonial - Joe Arkley


My time with the Coulson Organisation initially commenced in October 2006. Prior to this I was a retail manager for a well known shoe retail company. I enjoyed my time within the retail industry however soon began to realise that the financial potential in the industry was not what I aspired to and that I would have to wait for others to progress or move on before I could get my next promotion. I decided I wasn't prepared to wait and started looking for another career avenue to explore.

I discovered the Coulson Organisation by chance. The advertisement I responded to “Fun + Hard work = Money” really summed up what I was looking for.

The first thing I noticed about the business was the incredibly fun and enjoyable environment. I was also very impressed by the selfless support offered by everybody I met. This was the complete opposite experience I’d had to my job in the shoe shop. The ethics of the company and the people I were now working with gave me confidence that I was now finally on the right career path. I especially loved the fact that this business offers a fast paced environment with the opportunity to progress at your own individual rate.

My initial progression was incredibly quick within the business however I did come across challenges. The challenges I faced were due to the fact that I had no previous experience working in the industry and still had a lot of skills I was yet to develop. The financial rewards together with the fact I had the support of my colleagues and the Coulson Organisation Managing Director meant that I was able to overcome these challenges quickly.

The skills I have now developed have not just helped me with my career but also my personal life. I have had the opportunity to travel to many different cities and countries and now that I have completed the Business Development Programme I have access to much larger opportunities and find myself having the lifestyle I always wanted.

I am not just grateful for the time effort and money invested into me but also the little bit of luck I had on discovering the business.

Joe Arkley

Managing Director